Wednesday July 12, 2006
Send us news about planned events and activities. Send us information on the Government’s consultations.
- Is the Government providing adequate and accurate information?
- Are there adequate opportunities to get clear answers rather than Government rhetoric and ‘spin’?
- Is the Department collecting information on the educational, financial and social impact of school closures on students, their families and the school community as required by the Education Act?
Send us information on the Government’s figures on your school.
- Are the Department’s school capacity figures for your school accurate?
- Does your school have portable classrooms that are not being used? Is this unused space included in the Department’s estimates of school capacity?
- Does your school have tenants co-located in the school? Is space used by tenants counted as school capacity in the Department’s figures?
- Are the Department’s excess capacity figures for your school accurate? Do they include classrooms used for computer laboratories or other education uses?
- Does your school have separate special education units? Are the costs of these units included as part of the school’s costs?
- Does your child’s class have students with disabilities? How many? How many students with disabilities in your school? [Note: the reason for requesting this information is that different schools have different percentages of students with disabilities who attract higher funding and thus contribute to the different costs of schools.]
Use this contact form to send us any information.