Wednesday April 16, 2014
The NAPLAN tests take place on May 13-15. The Say No To NAPLAN group has produced a flyer for parents about the harm done by NAPLAN and including a form parents can use to withdraw their child from the tests. Please download and circulate to parents.
- does NOT measure individual student achievement accurately or reliably;
- is NOT diagnostic (it does not identify your child’s strengths or needs);
- narrows the curriculum and encourages low-level thinking;
- is harming some children;
- is NOT being used to identify those schools needing extra funding.The flyer calls on parents to write to their principal refusing permission for their child to do the NAPLAN tests.